5 things I like about China

Hi,

As for now I've been living in China for about 1 year and a half, Beijing resident. Yay. So there's a lot of things I found in this country which i like and dislike, lol. For me, China is rich in cultural and historical stuffs. But that doesn't mean they're left behind in technology, no, they're exactly way ahead of many countries. (ahead of many Asian countries too maybe?)

In which that at some circumstances, I like some of the system they implemented in this country. So, here's I'm gonna write about things I like about China based on my experiences for 1 year ++.
Taken in Tianjin, China.

1. QR code technology
So basically in here, every single things are using QR code technology. Including your daily stuffs, like making payments, joining social media groups, donations, sign up for competition, walking in park and you want to know the tree's name, you can just scan the code there. You name it, they have it. Even beggars also using begging in subway with QR code ok. You can scan their code and send them money. Lol. 

Somehow it's a good thing that you don't need to bring a lot of cash when you going out, and most important thing for foreigners is that, back then i frequently heard that foreigners always got cheated when the pay using cash. Sometimes the seller/taxi driver gave them fake money. Blurgh. What to do, we are foreigners, how can you expect the foreigners to recognize the fake or real  one aite? But so far, i've never face that yet since I'm in here. Alhamdulillah. So, with QR code, you don't have to face this problem of course, you just need to scan and they'll directly deduct the money from your bank account. Even this is implemented in wet market ok. For me, it's really convenient.
.
2. Efficient post/shipping system

Who don't know what is Taobao? Just about last 2 weeks we all shopped a lot on Double 11, making Jack Ma richer and richer everyday. But not that a lot i guessed? I bought Tomyam paste, fish sauce, Thai chili sauce, and... the list goes on. lol. Ok, shipping system in this country i can say I am impressed by it! So much! Why? Because you know how big China is right? China is about 29 times bigger than Malaysia. 

But if I order anything from Taobao.com, usually the longest period will be 5 days or we can say a week includes weekend. That's the longest because the stuffs were posted from south part of China, like Guangzhou, Guandong, which about 2,000 km away from Beijing. Beijing to Shanghai is about 1,200 km, and I used to take an overnight train from Shanghai-Beijing, which took me 12 hours to arrive with the train speed of ~150km/h. And Shanghai is in the middle between Beijing and Guandong. So yeah, i can say that, Chinese are working 24 hours like a robot, they never sleep, they just never get tired. And if the stuff I bought shipped from Beijing (Beijing is huge), I can received it in less than 24 hours. That's wow!

3. Online apps
Next, their online apps are really useful! We can just order food a lot from any shops, restaurant, supermarket, coffee shops, or anything and they will delivery it right in front of your doorsteps. It is not just limited to fast-food restaurants but to all. Seriously, that's super convenient, because you know sometimes you will have that kind of lazy mood that you don't even wanna get off your bed, lol. They make it easier and make us lazier and fatter, lol. And another great thing is, the service charge aren't that pricey.

Besides for food delivery apps, they have everything. Well you know they banned Google and use Baidu.com instead aite? Lol, that's so difficult for me to use Baidu.com or Bing.com. The search result in English is so limited, and of course the result will appear like what Chinese searched. Somehow when my VPN is not working, that's when i feel so lifeless, like yesterday. Lol. It was so stressful, i cant do my work tsk tsk. (Pray for me, pls. But right now i can logged in my Blogger acc, yay!). 

4. Cheap raw materials/stuffs

I usually cook in here, of course need to cut some cost (saving for travel, lol). I can say that the raw materials like vegetables are so cheap. Really cheap that you can just buy anything and a lot. But, meat in Beijing is quite pricey. Maybe because we don't really have much livestock in here, i guess. And plus, i need a halal one, so yeah. 500 g meat about 30 CNY= 18 MYR.

Oh, not to forget, fruits are super cheap! Omg, if its in Malaysia, fruits are quite pricey too. Even we are producing banana, still sometimes it can be expensive and unreasonable. Sobs. But in here, I can just eat so many fruits without having a thought that I need to save some money or not, or the price is high or what. Maybe because they have higher production of fruits, that's why its cheap i guessed. And you know what, usually I'll buy the berries a lot, lol, because berries are so expensive in Malaysia. Tsk, summer for the whole year you know, lol.   

5. Large transportation network
Ok, this is another best damn thing in China and i like it the most! Lol, Because i love traveling (eventho I don't have much money tsk, be my banker please). You can just hop from one province to another by train or flight.  But I prefer to go everywhere by train. And they have many types of trains, you can just choose any that suits your bank account, lol. And maybe almost every hours for intracity. 

For intercity transportation, mostly we have subway and public bus in here. So if anyone's coming, you'll never have a problem to commute. Public bus can bring you literally everywhere (but the destination is written in Chinese characters, sorry if you can't read, it's hard for me too back then). But not to worry, you'll be fine :)

Ok, i guess I am done for now. I was thinking about having my own vlog talking about this country, or any random things, but i am so lazy to edit the video. Urgh. I mean, I dont really have much time editing the video. Sobs.

Whatever, if anyone's coming over to Beijing, let me know! I can bring you tour around (but you have to give me coffee money, lol). Jk.

Till then, see you.

Comments