30 days challenge without social media - I'm in!

Assalamualaikum and hi.

So last few week I saw a video from Youtube, how he's day went for a month without social media i.e Instagram, Facebook. I forgot about Twitter, whether he have one or not. So, i guess it's a good thing as I am right now struggling with my thesis, lab works, and busy focusing on so many things which i should do but I didn't (unfortunately) because I spent too much time on social media, especially Twitter. It's the place where i can get all the most updated news and had so much fun tweeting my thought talking to myself and pretending nobody would ever see that. So sad. It's so addictive, and i can't control myself. Too bad I'm not good at time management and controlling my so-called lust (Lol!).

So yeah, finally on 5th Dec. 2018, I decided to delete all those social media i have in my phone. I just have a thought that night, like in a blink of eyes, I already deleted them. I didn't think and considering whether or not I will miss so many important stuffs (which my brain knows it is not so much important, just wedding photos but my heart denied that) I am struggling with my white and dark version of me. That ying-yang of me is fighting, like most of the time. I guessed it's quite hard too to be me. Aite?

Andddd, i decided to complete the mission for 30 days without social media. I deleted my Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat (even though I rarely use Snapchat). Just to make myself comfortable. I know the new iOS have that downtime for every apps, but i guessed that doesn't work for me. 


I need to start rebuilding myself, focusing on real things more often. Freshen my mind. Doing something a lot more beneficial than scrolling social media. Even though on my social media, I didn't follow those fashion influencers, or lavish lifestyle kids and comparing my life with them or stuff, but yeah, I still feel that I will have more time without being attached to them.

So, if you guys want to avoid social media, but still can't get rid of scrolling habits, replace social media with these new stuffs. I guessed it helps me in building myself, be more proactive than before, and more fresh! Another apps that I am still scrolling are: 

  • Youth Opportunity - You can find  so many opportunities inside this, scholarships, internships placements, conferences (many are fully funded one! I choose to go for free stuffs lol), competitions and bla bla bla. So far, I signed up for a few writing competitions, weee, and a few conferences. So please pray that I will  win the competitions and conferences i signed up. I need the money (read: maaaa-ney-h) so badly.
  • TED - The new updated Ted apps is great! I like it so much, it's a lot more convenient than before. Just take about 10 mins a day to watch any videos you like based on your moods! I love to watch inspirational videos after a very long tiring day. Just to boost my positive energy, seeing how people can be an inspiration to the society. 
  • Duolingo - Ok this is an apps you can go and study any language of your interest. And i love it so much! I'm learning Spanish and Dutch since last Spring. Spanish is fun guys! Really! Maybe because i used to watch Mexican series back then, like La Mujer en el Espejo, Yo Soy Betty La Fia (if you still remember, I'm old, sorry)
  • TrainChinese - This is the apps i frequently use in this country, to learn Chinese, it is a dictionary. I guessed this one is a lot more better than Pleco Dictionary. This apps have a lot of example of sentences, daily conversations (which is not the formal one) and the features inside are very convenient, user-friendly. Oh not to forget, they also have idioms! Which is really good, well at least for me.
These are the apps that I downloaded (before i deleted my social media). So if you ask me whether I am still scrolling my phone or not, the answer is, yes but lesser than before. And i guessed i have more times to do more things. That looks so positive, haha! If someday i have free time, I'll do the review on those apps.

So, let's see how's the 30 days challenge without social media goes! Will update here soon once my mission is completed. Hope it will, lol. Oh yeah, you should try it too. There's a lot of positive videos on Youtube, mentioned how their 30-days social media detox goes!

Bye, xoxo.

Psst: So many times I've been thinking about doing vlogs. I really wanted to do it! Courage come to me please. Should i do it?
Psstt: You can download the apps on Google Play and App Store.

Comments